Pillaged Goods Gift Basket — $25
The Battle of Georgian Bay 2019 will achieve several key functions:
- This promotional event will position Your Company/Business as a supporter of Ontario Tourism and Canadian heritage events.
- The Battle of Georgian Bay is an historical event full of colour and pageantry, which will increase tourism in the Midland/Penetanguishene area.
- Each Battle Event will be focused in different areas of Midland, Penetanguishene, Tiny & Tay Townships and Discovery Harbour. Promotional exposure will be great as expected attendance is estimated at 30,000 with over 800 participants from all over Canada, United Stated and Europe.
- The Battle of Georgian Bay, 2019 will be the largest War of 1812 re-enactment in North America.
Benefits of Sponsoring the Pillaging Event
- Accreditation as one of the pillaging sponsors of the Battle of Georgian Bay, 2019 and a supporter of tourism and heritage in the Midland and Penetanguishene area.
- VIP admission to Discovery Harbour & the Port of Midland Tall Ships for 2 members, associates or employees of Your Company/Business.
- Your Company/Business name included on our sponsors’ page of the Battle of Georgian Bay website.
- A Charitable Income Tax Deductible Receipt for the full amount of the sponsorship package made out to Your Company/Business.
- British soldiers will be on guard outside your business during the pillaging event.
Logistical Components — Pillaging
- The Parade & Pillaging of Penetanguishene turned out to be one of the most popular events during the 1998 & 2001 Battle of Georgian Bay events. With more tall ships and battle events, planned for 2019 the pillaging will once again prove to be a popular public spectacle. The Parade & Pillaging of Penetanguishene will take place on Saturday, August 10th from 11:00am till 1:00pm.
- The Town of Midland in 2001 also felt the wrath of the invading American forces. During the Attack on the Port of Midland the Americans will once again be marching into town and pillaging the local merchants between 7:00pm and 9:00pm on Friday, August 9th, 2019.
- New for 2019 – The village of Victoria Harbour and the Depot at Balm Beach will not be spared the Americans advancing juggernaut. Local merchants in both communities will be pillaged with the village of Victoria Harbour on Wednesday, August 7th between 7:00pm and 9:00pm and the Depot at Balm Beach on Thursday, August 8th between 7:00pm and 9:00pm.
- We are asking each participating merchant that you have a $25.00 gift basket or items ready and placed in your store for the Americans to pillage. To distinguish the basket or items to be pillaged from other merchandise in your store we are asking that you place a green bow or ribbon on the basket or items and all re-enactors will be instructed to search and find these particular baskets or items. All the gift baskets will be collected at the end of each battle event and raffled off to the re-enactors as a thank you for participating on Sunday morning August 11th at Discovery Harbour.
- All re-enactors will be instructed as to the guidelines for the pillaging and safety factors and care for merchant’s property & customers while in the stores. We encourage that the contents of the baskets be items from your store or can be simple items such as cans of pop, food, bottled water, gift certificates, and souvenirs of the local area. Please also include a business card so we can distinguish and announce to the re-enactors where the donations have come from.
- For those businesses, merchants and individuals who would like to sponsor the pillaging event but do not have a business or store on or near the battle event routes, we will have marauding American troops who will be glad to swarm your business and pillage your gift basket during the event.
The cost of sponsoring the pillaging event is an in-kind donation of a $25.00 gift basket to be pillaged from businesses and the streets of Penetanguishene, Midland, Victoria Harbour and Balm Beach.
- In-kind donation of a $25.00 gift basket due between August 7th & 11th, 2019.
Yes! We look forward to sponsoring the pillaging event during the Battle of Georgian Bay, 2019 as outlined above.
Click on the Order Page link at the bottom to place your order and thank you for taking the time to review our sponsorship package. If you should have any questions/concerns regarding this package presented here, or would like to set-up a meeting, feel free to contact me, David Brunelle, anytime at 705-427-5206.
Please return to: E-mail – firstname.lastname@example.org
Take Care & God Save the King!
David J. Brunelle
Battle of Georgian Bay, 2019