Battle Event — $500
The Battle of Georgian Bay 2019 will achieve several key functions:
- This promotional event will position Your Company/Business as a supporter of Ontario Tourism and Canadian heritage events.
- The Battle of Georgian Bay 2019 will offer Your Company/Business the opportunity to participate in a proven successful re-enactment event. (Battle of Georgian Bay, 1998 & 2001)
- The Battle of Georgian Bay is an historical event full of color and pageantry, which will increase tourism in the Midland/Penetanguishene area.
- The Battle of Georgian Bay in 2001 had the cooperation and support of over 150 local merchants and businesses. From participating in the pillaging to providing services and products, a solid joint promotional partnership developed throughout the Midland and Penetanguishene area supporting the Battle of Georgian Bay.
- Historical re-enactments as proven at the 1998 &2001 event draw huge crowds and interest from the public; the opportunity to have, as many men-at-arms units present will certainly enhance this historical event making advertising exposure for Your Company/Business great and dollars well spent.
Benefits of Sponsoring a Battle Event
- Exclusive sponsorship of one of the Battle Events during the Battle of Georgian Bay, 2019.
- Accreditation as one of the battle event sponsors of the Battle of Georgian Bay and a supporter of tourism and heritage in the Midland and Penetanguishene area.
- Special Battle of Georgian Bay sponsors appreciation & media reception taking place at Jack’s Nasty Face Tavern at Discovery Harbour on Tuesday, August 6th from 6:00pm to 8:00pm prior to the battle weekend. RVSP numbers attending required for members, associates or employees of Your Company/Business.
- VIP admission to Discovery Harbour & the Port of Midland Tall Ships for 4 members, associates or employees of Your Company/Business.
- Your Company/Business name included on our sponsors’ page of the Battle of Georgian Bay website.
- A Charitable Income Tax Deductible Receipt for the full amount of the sponsorship package made out to Your Company/Business.
Logistical Components — Battle Events
- Experience is what the tourism market is demanding and experience is what the Battle of Georgian Bay is going to offer.
- Each Battle Event will be focused in different areas of Midland, Penetanguishene, Tiny & Tay Townships and Discovery Harbour. Promotional exposure will be great as expected attendance is estimated at 30,000 with over 800 participants from all over Canada, United Stated and Europe.
- The Battle of Georgian Bay, 2019 will be the largest War of 1812 re-enactment in North America.
Supporters, who take advantage of sponsoring early, will have the advantage of choosing a Battle Event from the list available on a first come first serve basis. They include:
- Assault on the Village of Victoria Harbour. On Wednesday evening this newly constructed British outpost is totally taken by surprise as American troop’s assault by land and water and total overwhelm the small defending forces. Looting and pillaging of the outpost ensues as the first part of the Americans overall battle campaign is a success.
- The Skirmish at Balm Beach Depot. On Thursday evening American scouting parties have been reported along the shorelines of Nottawasaga Bay and British troops have been dispatched to confirm the reports. British troops worst fears become a reality as the advance guard of the American army surround the area of Balm Beach in an attempt to control this key supply depot. The few defending British troops and allies are no match as they are overwhelmed, surrender or flee.
- The Attack on the Port of Midland will be a demonstration of a fictional naval Tall Ship battle escalating into a full-scale marine assault landing of American forces on the shores of Midland Harbour. British troops and allies fight a retreating battle in defense of their community. After a valiant fight, overwhelming American numbers supported by Tall Ships eventually break down the communities’ defenses with the Mayor of Midland being captured and surrendering the town to the enemy. Looting & pillaging of local merchants ensues as the Americans celebrate their victory.
- The Parade and Pillaging of Penetanguishene will experience an invasion of advancing American soldiers who actually pillage local businesses while British troops attempt to block their advance and attempt to defend the town at various intersections with the Mayor being captured and officially surrendering the town and the secret naval base.
- Sortie & Barrage. A small British force has been dispatched to gather information on the strength of the American forces that have headquartered themselves at the captured British naval base. The overconfident British forces soon discover that they have underestimated their opponents as a strong defensive position supported by artillery is unleashed at the thin red line.
- The Siege of Magazine Island feature British marine assault landings on the American stronghold. British re-enforcements have arrived in force and Tall Ships engage the enemy in battle and provide cannon cover as smaller vessels and canoes assault the beachheads and American defenses. See artillery duels, British and allied troops storming the beaches and rockets lighting up the sky.
- The Americans Last Stand will be the stage for the final assault on the Americans in a traditional 19th century land battle. Be on hand as British troops and their allies use the “cold steel” to ultimately prevail over the enemy and raise the Union Jack high into the sky in victory.
The cost of sponsoring one of the Battle Events for the Battle of Georgian Bay, 2019 is the contribution of $500.00 payable as follows:
- First payment of $250.00 due upon signing of the contract.
- Second payment of $250.00 due one month prior to the event weekend.
Yes! We look forward to sponsoring one of the Battle Events units taking part in the Battle of Georgian Bay, 2019 as outlined above.
Click on the Order Page Link at the bottom to place your order and thank you for taking the time to review our sponsorship package. If you should have any questions/concerns regarding this package presented here, or would like to set up a meeting, feel free to contact me, David Brunelle, anytime at 705-427-5206.
Please Return to: E-Mail – Info@hmeuc.com
Take Care & God Save the King!
David J. Brunelle
Battle of Georgian Bay, 2019